Steam is the great platform that redefined the PC gaming experience. Along with games, it also offers Steam Sales, cloud, automatic updates, and an integrated chat feature. However, this game platform has several issues and errors such as download speed issues or Steam deck not working after updating. In addition to these issues, many players are now saying they are not able to connect their controllers on Steam or the controllers are not working at all with Steam. If you are also having the same issue where your controller is not working or not detecting on Steam, there are a few possible workarounds you can try to fix this issue.
Fixing Steam Controller Not Working or Connecting Issue
According to multiple reports, this issue is mostly related to improper game settings. In addition, certain incompatible device drivers, outdated clients, and hardware defects are also responsible for this issue. Thankfully, there are several possible workarounds you can try to fix the Steam controller not working issue.
1. First of all, check if you have paired your Steam controller to your desired gaming device. Plug in your wireless USB dongle in the desired device, turn off your controller and hold down the “A” key. Then press the Steam button and select the device.
2. Also make sure your Steam client is up to date. Run your Steam and select Steam >> Check for Steam Client Updates.
3. In addition, run the Steam client in Big Picture Mode. The Steam Controller is intended to be used with the Big Picture Interface of Steam. To switch it on, you need to click on the rectangle which has two opposing arrow icons in the top right corner of the Steam.
4. If you are still having the same issue, try to run Steam as an administrator. Here is how you can do it:
– Go to the Steam installation folder – C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\by default
– Right-click on the steam.exe
– Select Run as administrator
5. Next, make sure that you have enabled Steam Overlay. Here is how you can enable it:
– In Big Picture Mode, select the Settings icon from the top right section of the client
– Then select Steam Overlay in Features
– And then ensure to check the “Enable the Steam Overlay option”
In case, these workarounds don’t work, the last resort is to contact the “Steam support team” and then will assist you further to resolve the issue.
That’s all you can do to fix the Steam controller not working issue.
Also check – Can you fix Steam error E502 L3?