Rust is one of the ultimate and popular multiplayer survival games. There are millions of fans enjoying this game to the fullest as this game is all about struggles which we face in our life such as shelter, cold, hunger, thirst, protection, etc. However, recently, many players are getting an ‘Integrity Error’ while they are attempting to connect to the server. There might be multiple reasons for this error to happen. It can happen due to missing or corrupted game files or if you have not given admin privilege to the game or it might be several other reasons. If you’re getting the same error, here we are going to give you several possible solutions to fix the Rust Integrity error.
How to Fix Rust Integrity Error
There are several possible solutions to fix Rust Integrity errors, go through the following solutions one-by-one until the error is gone.
Verify your game files
In order to fix missing or corrupted game files, go through the following guide.
1. Open up Steam client and log in using your correct account.
2. Now, click on Library and then right-click on the Rust Files.
3. Click on Properties and select the local files tab.
4. Next, click on Verify integrity of game files.
5. And then restart your PC
After going through these steps, if you are still facing the same error, try out the next solution.
Give admin privilege to the game
Do this thing, and your game would start running smoothly.
1. First of all, click on the Steam.exe file
2. Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab
3. Check ‘Run this program as an administrator’
4. And then click on Apply and Ok
5. Next, open up Steam and log in using your proper account
6. Click on Library and then right-click on Rust files
7. Click on Properties and select the Local Files tab and right-click on Rust.exe file
8. Now, click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab
9. Here, enable ‘Run this program as an administrator’
Set default DNS Settings
Does nothing work? Don’t worry – try this solution. Make sure to select the DNS address settings to its default mode. To do this:
1. Click on the Network or Wi-Fi icon from the Taskbar
2. Click on ‘Network & Internet Settings’ and then click on ‘Change adapter options’
3. Next, right-click on the active internet adapter which you are using
4. Now select Properties and then Double-click on ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
5. Select ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and select ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’
6. Then click on ‘Ok’ and restart your PC and the problem will get fixed
That’s all for this guide on how to Fix Rust Integrity Error.