The PlayStation 5 or PS5 is the next generation of consoles. It brings several new features and several improvements to its system performance thanks to the latest GPU and CPU along with ultra-high-speed SSD. But still, like other consoles, some hardware and software bugs are common in PS5 too. One of the recent error messages many users are receiving is an unidentified error while purchasing from PlayStation Store. The unidentified error on PS5 is quite tough to understand and fix but here we have made it simple. So, if you are running into this issue, do not miss to check out this guide where we have also given some simple steps to shoot unidentified errors on PS5.
Fixing PS5 Unidentified Error Occurred Issue
According to multiple reports, the unidentified error happens especially when a user attempts to purchase on the PlayStation store. Although this is an unidentified error on PS5, there are certain things you can try to fix this issue as many users have solved it by following these methods.
1. Verify your payment method: Many users on Twitter suggested making sure your region for the payment methods matches the region for your PS console. It is very important especially if you are using a VPN service for your PS5. If that doesn’t match, you may receive an unidentified error on PS5.
2. Make sure you’ve sufficient funds in your account: If you are attempting to buy something, then make sure you have sufficient funds in your account, or else you may receive an unidentified error on PS5.
3. Try any other payment method: This is also one of the best solutions to fix the issue. Try to use a different payment method such as PayPal or Gift Card and check if the issue persists.
4. Restart your system: You can also try a generic workaround such as restarting your system and check if that removes any bugs.
5. Press the X button repeatedly: It seems a weird solution but many users have fixed this issue by keep pressing the x button when this error occurs.
That’s all we have to fix the PS5 unidentified error occurred issue.
Also check – How to fix PS5 CE-118878-3 error code.