F1 22 is finally out and players can now enjoy this game developed by Codemasters. However, many players are experiencing some issues in F1 22 from day one such as crashes, won’t start, hangs, black screen, and more. In addition to these issues, many players are now reporting that their gamepad or controller is not working at all in F1 22. If you are one of the unfortunate players who have been facing this sort of issue, then worry not as we have covered all the potential solutions to fix this issue.
Fixing F1 22 Gamepad or Controller Not Working Issue on PC
To enjoy the real thrill of the racing games, the gamepad or controller plays a very important role in the game. And it is quite frustrating when it stops working at all. Thankfully, there are some workarounds you can try to fix the issue.
Restart the System
One of the first and simplest workarounds you can try to fix the issue is to simply restart the system. This way, the minor bugs will be erased and your controller will start working again.
Disable Steam Input
Sometimes, the issue will get resolved if you disable the Steam Input option in F122. Here is what you need to do:
1. Open up “Steam” and select the “Library” section and right-click on F1 22 from the list and then select “Properties”.
2. In the new window, click on the “Controller” and under the “Override for F1 22” option and click on the down arrow button and select the “Disable Steam Input” option.
3. Once it is done, relaunch the game.
4. If the issue persists, then go to the “Controller” window again and then select the “Enable Steam Input” option.
Remove External Components
If the above solutions don’t work, then the next workaround is to remove all external components from your system. For that, you need to unplug USB devices, headsets, joysticks, and other devices you are not using currently. Once it is done, launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Configure Your Controller
If the controller configuration is not saved correctly, your gamepad or controller will not work properly. In that case, you need to configure your controller correctly and then launch the game. To do that:
1. First of all, open up Steam and go to the Library section and then from the game list, select the F1 22.
2. Now select the Steam option and then select the Settings from the list.
3. Then select your controller from the list and then run the game, the issue should be fixed.
Launch in Big Picture Mode
Some experts say, if you launch the game in Big Picture Mode, it is the best solution to similar issues. Here are some simple steps to follow:
1. Open up Steam and go to the Library section and click on F1 22 from the game list.
2. From that same screen, click on the “Big Picture Mode” option and choose the “Continue” option.
3. On the next screen, go to Library and click on the “Games” option and select F1 22
4. Lastly, click on the “Play” button and the issue should be fixed.
Edit Steam Input Per Game Settings
The next solution is to force On or Off Steam input per game settings. Here is what you need to do:
1. First, open up Steam, choose the Library section and then click on F1 22 from the list.
2. From that screen, click on the “Big Picture Mode” from the top right side and then choose the “Continue” option.
3. From the next screen, choose “Library”, click on the “Games” option and then select F1 22.
4. Now, you need to select the “Manage Game” and double click on the “Controller Options”.
5. Next, click on the down arrow and select the “Forced On or Forced Off” option and check if that helps and you can use your controller or gamepad without any issues.
That’s everything you can do when your controller or gamepad is not working in F1 22.
Also check – How to fix F1 22 Ego Dumper crash issue.