Despite acquiring acclaim around the world and one of the massive titles of 2022, FromSoftware’s latest launch is suffering from several bugs, issues, and errors. There is a new problem troubling many players. Of late, many players are running into the “Connection error occurred. Returning to your world” error message. If you have the same issue, there are certain things you can do to get rid of this error message. Let’s check them out.
Fixing Elden Ring Connection Error Occurred – Returning to Your World
First of all, it is important to note, sometimes the main reason for this error to occur is the servers and so players cannot do anything to fix it. Still, there are multiple solutions you can try to fix the “Connection error occurred. Returning to your world” error message and we have covered all the potential workarounds below.
1. Make sure the servers are up
One of the first things you should make is sure that the servers are up and running fine. In case, they are down due to maintenance or outage, you may get a “Connection error occurred. Returning to your world” error message and will get fixed once they are back online.
2. Check your internet connection
If your internet connection is poor or not stable, you may receive this error code. So, make sure the connection is stable and working fine. You can also try to switch to your mobile internet (Hotspot) and check if the issue persists or not.
3. Disable the Voice Chat
The next best tactic is to disable the voice chat as it worked for many players. Here is how you can do it.
– Open up the game
– Go to Settings
– Go to the Voice Chat option under the Network tab
– And disable the voice chat and check if the issue is resolved or not
4. Change the DNS Servers
In case the above solutions don’t work, the last resort is to change the DNS servers and the issue should be resolved. If you have no idea how to do it, check out the below steps:
– Open up the Windows Settings by pressing Win + I
– Select Network & Internet
– Click on Change adapter options
– Select the network and right-click on it. Then click on Properties
– Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties
– Toggle Use the following DNS server addresses and fill the Google DNS 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
– Lastly, click on Ok.
For Xbox One:
Press the Xbox button and open up Guide. Then go to Settings >> All Settings >> Network >> Advanced Settings >> DNS Settings >> Manual >> Enter Primary DNS as 18.104.22.168 >> Enter Secondary DNS as 22.214.171.124
For Xbox Series X|S:
Go to Configuration >> General >> Network Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> DNS Settings >> Manual >> Enter Primary DNS as 126.96.36.199 >> Enter Secondary DNS as 188.8.131.52
For PlayStation 4:
– Open up your PS4 console and go to main Menu >> Settings
– Select Network Settings >> Internet Connection Settings >> Custom
– Select LAN for cable and Wi-Fi for Wireless depending on the type of connection you’re currently using
– Select Custom and change the IP Address Settings to Automatic. Do not specify for DHCP hostname; manual for DNS settings, and enter the primary and secondary DNS – 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, Automatic for MTU settings; and Do not use for the Proxy server.
– Once done, click on “Save” and reboot your PS4.
For PlayStation 5:
Go to Settings from the home screen of the console. Then go to Network >> Settings >> Set Up Internet Connection >> Set Up Manually >> Wi-Fi or LAN >> Under DNS Settings >> Enter Primary DNS as 18.104.22.168 >> Enter Secondary DNS as 22.214.171.124
That’s everything you can do to fix Elden Ring “Connection error occurred – returning to your world”. But as we have mentioned earlier, this error message pops up if there are some issues with the main servers.