The developers have already addressed some of the changes in the Call of Duty Season 2 Day of Reckoning updates such as changes in Hardpoint spawn, Predator skin bug, weapons rebalancing, and much more. While some glitches can cause minor frustrations, other bugs can prevent the game from opening. Unfortunately, many players have been facing network errors or some other connection-related issues with the game. Well, there are multiple reasons for such issues to happen such as:
– Corrupted or missing data in the app
– If the Activision servers are down
– An outdated game version or phone’s software
– Poor internet connection
So, when you are not able to launch or access the game properly, or if you see Mobile Network error 4a28, then try the following methods to fix network connection-related issues.
Fixing CoD Mobile Network Error and Other Connection Related Issues
Many players have already waited for some time but still, they are not able to access the game because of the network error. If you are in the same situation, there are a few potential workarounds to try out. Go through the following steps one by one until the issue gets resolved.
1. One of the first things you should make sure check the current server status. The Activision servers must be working fine. In case the servers are down, then wait patiently until the servers are back online and then the issue will get resolved automatically.
2. The next generic troubleshooting options include closing the app and restarting your mobile device and checking whether or not the issue is resolved.
3. Besides, also make sure your app, as well as a mobile device, are up to date with the latest version
4. Also, you can try to clear the app cache. For this, go to Settings >> Apps >> Call of Duty Mobile >> Storage >> Clear cache
5. Sometimes poor internet connection can also cause several network-related issues. So, just make sure, your Wi-Fi connection is strong and working fine.
6. Lastly, it is suggested to repair your game. When you open the game, you will get an option to repair the game. You will get this option on the right side of the login screen. Simply select this and the game will start repairing itself. Once the process is done, restart the game, log in and check if the issue persists or not.
If nothing works, the last resort is to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it. Also, you can contact the Activision support team and they will help you further.
That’s all we have to fix CoD Mobile network error and other connection-related issues.