V Rising is the latest open-world vampire survival game released on May 17. The game is launched smoothly but several players are complaining about several issues and bugs with the game such as crashes, won’t start, hangs, black screen, no in-game sound, and more. In addition to these issues, many players are currently reporting an error message that reads – “Steamworks Initialisation failed”. Here we have given several potential workarounds and tried to fix this issue. Let’s find out what you can do to get rid of Steamworks Initialisation failed issue.
How to Fix The V Rising Steamworks Initialisation Failed Error on PC
Several users have commented that they are receiving an error saying “Steamworks initialization failed error” and then the screen freezes on the loading screen. If you are facing the same issue, here is how you can fix it.
First of all, simply restart Steam. Sometimes, simply reopening Steam can fix several issues. So, try this solution first. Here is how you can do it.
1. Click on Steam at the top left corner
2. Then select Exit
3. The Steam will be closed and now you will need to sign in again
4. Launch the game once again and check if the issue is solved or not
Verify Game Files
If restarting Steam did not work, then try to verify the game files. Here is what you need to do:
1. Open up Steam and go to your game’s library
2. Right-click on V Rising in the library and click on Properties
3. Go to the Local Files tab and select “Verify integrity of local files”
4. Once the scan completes, corrupted or missing files will be fixed and you won’t get the issue anymore
If the above solutions don’t work, the last resort is to reinstall Steam. But before you proceed with this method, make sure to move the “steamapps” folder from the Steam directory and keep it safe somewhere in your PC so it can be used again once the Steam reinstallation process completes.
Now, you can delete everything except the following files:
– steamapps (folder)
– userdata (folder)
Open up the Steam.exe and Steam will start the process to download. Once installed, launch V Rising and check, the issue should be resolved.
We hope this guide has helped you to fix the V Rising Steamworks Initialisation failed error on PC.
Also learn – How to create a dedicated server in V Rising.