Returnal is one of the most favorite games of 2021. This third-person shooter game is exclusively designed for PS5. Unfortunately, not all fans who purchased this game can enjoy it to the fullest because many players are reporting, their game is crashing or not loading on PS5. According to multiple reports, the game crashes particularly at the end of cut scenes while some players notice, it crashes at a certain level. Thankfully, there are some workarounds you can try to fix Returnal crashing and not loading issues on PS5.
How to Fix Returnal Crashing and Not Loading Issue on PS5
It’s been more than eight months since the game is released but still, the game has several unsolved issues and glitches, and crashing is one of them. Many players have no idea how to fix this issue and so here we have provided all the possible solutions to fix the Returnal crashing and not loading issue on PS5.
1. Check your internet connection: One of the first things you should do is to check if your internet connection is stable and working fine. Sometimes, poor or unstable internet connection can trigger multiple issues like game crashing or not loading. You can also check your internet connection on PS5. To do this: Go to the Settings menu on your console, select Network, and select Test Internet Connection.
In case the internet connection is not working properly, then you can try some other internet network. Or you can try to switch to a different network or mobile hotspot or you can also try to connect the game using a wired connection.
2. Keep the PS5 in a well-ventilated area: If you have kept the PS5 console in a congested area where it doesn’t get enough airflow, and so it can overheat easily and eventually cause game crashing or lagging issues. It is better to keep it in a place where it can get airflow properly. Also, make sure to avoid direct sunlight on it.
3. Clear up game data: By deleting saved game data, you can resolve the crashing and lagging issues.Here is what you need to do:
– Go to settings >> Application Saved Data Management
– Select USB storage or Online Storage or System Storage and then select “Delete”
– Select the game Returnal and checkmark the files which you want to delete or you can also “Select all”
– Lastly, select “Delete” and then select Ok to confirm
– Once it is done, make sure to reboot the console and then relaunch the game. The issue should be resolved
4. Reduce in-game graphics
Try to reduce the in-game graphic options lower than the default to check whether or not the game is running fine. According to the hardware capability, you can also set a custom FPS limit.
5. Do not put the PS5 in Rest Mode
If you will put your console in Rest Mode, it can start creating crashing issues to the opened apps or games so it is advisable not to put the console in Rest Mode. Here is what you need to do:
– Open up the Settings menu on PS5 and open up the Power Saving tab
– Select “Set Time until PS 5 Enter Rest Mode”
– And lastly set to “Don’t put in Rest Mode” and then make sure to reboot the console
6. Hard reset of PS5
Many times, performing a hard reset of your PS5 can resolve many glitches. Here are some simple steps to follow:
– First switch off your console
– Next, press and hold the Power button on your console until you hear 2 beep sounds
– Then, you will have 2 reset options to select from. Select the relevant option
– Wait for some time until the resetting process completes
– Once done, install the game again and try to run it
7. Update Console and Returnal Firmware
Make sure your game is updated with the latest version because if you are using an older version, it can have several bugs and issues. Make sure you have turned on the auto-update option so everything will get updated on time.
That’s everything you can do to fix the Returnal crashing and not loading issue on PS5.