Fortnite has recently released its new Chapter 3 Season 2 update that comprises several new contents. However, Fortnite has been experiencing bugs and issues ever since it was released such as players are unable to use Ziplines and Fishing collection register reset issues. Recently, many Fortnite players reported, that they are receiving the Easy Anti Cheat Error. According to several reports, the game shows Game 217 instead of Fortnite, and because of this issue, sometimes the game crashes at the launch. If you also encounter this issue, do not worry. Here we are going to show you how you can fix it with some simple methods.
Fixing Fortnite Easy Anti Cheat Error (EAC) for Chapter 3 Season 2
Before we start the process to fix Fortnite Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) error for Chapter 3 Season 2, make sure to close the game completely. Also, make sure the Epic Games launcher is not running as well.
First of all, ensure to connect your PC to the Easy Anti Cheat network properly. For this:
– You may see the message: ‘200 – HTTP OK’
If none of these links work, then make sure your internet connection is stable and working fine. You can also restart your computer as well as router to fix any other minor issues.
Update Your Windows and Game Software
– Ensure to update the Windows
– Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++
– At last, run this command sfc / scannow with admin rights. This way, the corrupted system files will get repaired
Sometimes, it is also possible that the Easy Anti Cheat got corrupted. Usually, it installs automatically with Fortnite. However, it uninstalls sometimes. In that case, try to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it. Or you can also repair corrupted installed files. To do this:
– Go to the installation folder of your game and find out EasyAntiCheat folder. Open the folder and you will find a file called EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe. Run that file as administrator and select Repair.
Close all Running Applications and Programs
Sometimes, running applications in the background can prevent Easy Anti Cheat software from running. So, the next tactic you can try to fix the issue is to close down all running applications, software, and programs.
Anti Virus Software
Anti Virus software can also be a culprit sometimes and prevents the game from running properly. There are certain things you can do for this:
– Make sure to add the Easy Anti Cheat installation folder in the exception list so the anti-virus software doesn’t block it.
– You can also uninstall your antivirus package temporarily and check if you are able to launch the game smoothly.
– Also, you can try to update your anti-virus software.
That’s all we have to fix Fortnite Easy Anti Cheat Error (EAC) for Chapter 3 Season 2.