Destiny 2 is one of the popular FPS games and The Witch Queen is the major expansion which is released recently on 22nd February. However, certain issues and errors are inevitable and they make the game unplayable. Many players are reporting, the game is crashing a lot while playing the game. If you are also experiencing such issues, don’t worry! Here we have covered all the potential solutions to get rid of Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing on PC.
How to Fix Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Crashing on PC
Before we start the troubleshooting guide, the first thing you will need to make sure of is to check the minimum system requirement to play Destiny 2: The Witch Queen smoothly on your system.
– A 64-bit processor and operating system
– OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 64-bit
– Processor: Intel Core™ i3 3250 3.5 GHz or Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz
– RAM: 6GB RAM
– Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
– Network: Broadband Internet connection
– Storage: 105GB available space
1. Simply restart the system: One of the first and classic solutions is to simply restart the system. By restarting the system, many common glitches can be fixed so simply restart the system and check if the game is running smoothly or not.
2. Update the game: Make sure your game is up to date to the latest version. Many times, the developers release a new patch on launching day or soon after that. These new updates address several issues with the games so it is very important to download and install them as early as possible. Also, make sure to update your graphic drivers as sometimes, the old version can also create such crashing issues in online games.
3. Get the latest DirectX version: The latest DirectX version can control the GPU efficiently and so it is very important to have its latest version.
4. Verify the integrity of the game files: In case the game has any missing or corrupted files during the installation process, you may face some issues in opening or launching the game. In that case, the next best thing to try is to verify the integrity of the game files. To do this on Steam, here are some simple steps to follow:
– Restart your PC and launch Steam
– Next, go to the Library and right-click on the game, and select “Properties”
– Go to the Local Files tab and then click on the “Verify integrity of game files”
– Wait for some time until the process completes
5. Don’t overclock your GPU: If you have overlocked your system to boost up performance, it is recommended to stop and check if the issue is resolved or not. Overclocking can also damage your hardware so don’t do that and check if it makes any difference.
6. Try to reduce the performance settings: This also works for many players so give it a try. Try to reduce the performance settings and check if the game is running smoothly or not.
7. Reinstall the game: If the above solutions don’t work,uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it.
That’s everything you can do to fix Destiny 2 The Witch Queen crashing on PC.
Also check – Can you fix Destiny 2 one moment please error?