Chivalry is the new multiplayer first-person game in the Chivalry series. This new series is filled with intense strikes and feints and a perfect mix of defensive and offensive maneuvers utilized to overwhelm bosses or survive uneven battles. However, some technical issues prevent players from enjoying this power-packed game. If you’re encountering game crashing, won’t start, and crashing at start-up issues, do not worry! You are not alone, many players are facing the same issues. Check out the following troubleshooting guide.
Fix Chivalry 2 Crashing, Won’t Start, and Crash at Startup
Since there are different solutions for each issue, here is the complete guide to fix these issues.
How to Fix Chivalry 2 game crashing issue
If your game is crashing while playing, the possible reason is an outdated GPU driver which you need to update to the latest and full version. To do this: Follow these steps.
- Press Windows + R.
- Type ‘DxDiag’ and click ‘Ok’.
- Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, select the ‘Display’ tab.
- Now you will be able to see the video card’s name and manufacturer are listed in the Device section.
- Next visit the official website of the driver’s manufacturer and get the latest driver. Once done, launch the game and you can play the game without any issues.
How to fix Chivalry 2 won’t Start issue
There are several possible solutions to fix this issue, follow these instructions one-by-one until the problem will get fixed.
- Try to run your game in 32bit mode. To do this, right-click on Chivalry in your Steam Library and select Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (32-bit) or Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior (32-bit).
- Reinstall the game. Sometimes, you need to reinstall the game in order to solve the problem.
- Delete the CookedSDK folder. Sometimes a workshop items such as custom map or mode corrupt and that can create such problems. So, delete the steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedSDK folder and then restart the game again. For a test, you can also move this folder to any other location.
- Reduce the in-game browser Pings settings. In case your browser pings the Steam server list is very much fast, the server may not load. So, reduce the setting to 1500 or 3000. To do this, check out the following steps:
Go to Steam > Settings
- Select In-Game
- And reduce in-game server browser value to 3000 or 1500.
How to Fix Crashing at Startup issue in Chivalry 2
One of the main reasons for crashing the game at startup is the lack of administration rights. So, to do this. Right-click on the game and select ‘Run as Administrator’ and then try to launch the game. If this doesn’t solve the issue then try to play this game from the one particular account which has the administration rights.
Another possible reason for this error is the Windows Defender or Anti-virus that possibly will be detecting the Chivalry 2’s exe file as a virus. In this case, you can disable the anti-virus for this game and the problem will be resolved.
That’s it – These are the solutions to fix Chivalry 2 Crashing, Won’t Start, and Crash at Startup.