Elden Ring is undeniably one of the fantastic action role-playing games of 2022 by FromSoftware. But, this game has several bugs and issues players have been reporting from day one such as game crashes, won’t start, hangs, black screen, no in-game sound, or controller not working issues. In addition to these issues, recently many players face an error message that says – “Failed to load save data”. If you are receiving the same error message, there are certain workarounds you can try to get rid of this issue.
Some Possible Workarounds to Fix Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data Issue
If you can’t access your saved data files because of the “failed to load save data” error message, then there are some temporary potential workarounds you can try to fix this issue.
1. First of all, try to overwrite your old saved data file with a backup. Then turn off save sync, transfer, and overwrite the old save with the backup. Once done, launch the game and the issue should be fixed.
2. If that doesn’t work, try this tactic.
– When you get a failed to load save data error message, then go to your home screen
– Launch any other game, it will force Elden Ring to restart
– Then close that different game and relaunch Elden Ring. Now, the OG game will be launched and the issue should be fixed
For PC Players:
If you want to start a new game, you will need to disconnect your internet connection, delete all saved files, and then launch a new game. Once done, create a new save, connect the internet and relaunch the game.
If you are playing Elden Ring on PC and if you want to keep the progress, we suggest repairing the missing or corrupted save files.
Unfortunately, developers have not yet acknowledged the issue but meanwhile, you can try the above-mentioned workarounds to fix failed to load save data issue in Elden Ring.