The DualShock 4 is a thoroughly enjoyable PlayStation 4 controller to play with. It works like a charm and offers a nice balance. However, it also has various issues. Many times, Sony’s PS4 (PlayStation 4) DualShock 4 controller creates stick drift issues and that directly attacks the enjoyment of the gaming. There are a few possible causes for this issue to happen but the most common ones are dust and debris inside your PS4 controller. If your character or the camera keeps moving around even if you have not touched the controller, the main source of the issue is likely analog stick drift. If you are also having the same issues with your PS4 controller, there are multiple methods to fix it. Let’s learn in this guide how to fix the PS4 controller stick drift issue.
Fixing PS4 Controller Stick Drift Issue
Thankfully, there are two different methods to fix the PS4 controller stick drift issue. Before we start the troubleshooting guide, make sure to turn off the controller and disconnect it from the console.
Thoroughly Clean Joystick
Before starting this method, make sure to collect the following materials:
– Cotton swab
– Paper clip
– Rubbing alcohol
– Compressed air
After collecting these materials, you can start the joystick cleaning process.
– Wet the cotton swab using a small amount of rubbing alcohol. DO NOT sock it completely otherwise excess liquid will stick to the joystick.
– Then gently swab the cotton around the joystick’s base on the DualShock 4.
– Wait for some time until the alcohol dries.
– Once it is dry, you can use the compressed air and remove the remaining debris. Ensure to do this process from some distance as it can be risky to deal with moisture with compressed air.
If this method doesn’t work, then try to reset the controller.
Reset the Controller
1. Go to Settings on your PlayStation 4
2. Select Devices
3. Hit on Turn Off Device
4. Select the device you want to turn off
5. Power on the controller one more time
6. Turn over the controller
7. Use any paperclip and press the recessed reset button for about 10 to 15 seconds
If these troubleshooting methods don’t work, it is advisable to visit any of the repair shops or you may also send your PS4 controller to Sony if it is under warranty period.
That’s all you can do to fix the PS4 controller stick drift issue.