Today games ranging from beginners to pros cannot imagine their gaming sessions without discord. Over the years it has become the number one VoIP service. But with this popularity comes server issues like overloaded servers and connection issues. One such issue is the Bad Network Request error. In this article, we will take a look at why this issue occurs, and what are its fixes. Read on to learn more.
How to Fix the “Bad Network Request” Error
This issue is encountered while launching discord. In most cases, the Discord servers are to be blamed but in some cases, human error is also involved. Let us discuss the various fixes available for this error.
Check the Status of the Servers
If you’re encountering server problems, the first thing you should do is check the server status. You can do so by visiting the official Twitter handle @discord. Discord’s Twitter account regularly sends out maintenance alerts on time. To verify the status, you can use a third-party service such as Downdetector or internet forums.
Check Your Connection Status
Here are a few pointers to check and ensure that you have proper internet connectivity.
- Kill all background processes that are using the network unnecessarily. This reduces the load on your available bandwidth and makes sure that there is an efficient use of the same.
- Run a speed test on your network to ensure that you have proper internet connectivity. You can do so using 3rd party websites like speedtest.net or fast.com.
- Initiate a quick router restart, also known as a soft reset. This helps in clearing out the cache of the router.
- Also, check your firewall settings to ensure that there are no inbound or outbound rules preventing proper connection with the servers. It is recommended to pause the firewall settings momentarily while trying to log in.
- Disable VPN if you are using any
- Try switching over to a wired connection.
- Check if there are any issues with configured proxies
That’s all for this error guide. We hope one of these methods has worked for you, thanks for sticking to the end, see you in the next one.