Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, released on January 28, is an action-adventure game developed by Naughty Dog. In this latest installment, players will enjoy different graphics modes along with incredible features which are exclusive to the PlayStation. However, from day one, many players experienced crashing issues so the game is not playable at all. If you are encountering the same issue, here is how you can fix Uncharted Legacy of Thieves crashing and not working issues on PS4 or PS5.
How to Fix Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Crashing & Not Working on PS4 or PS5
Sometimes, such issues happen due to older game versions, outdated system versions, or any system glitches. Well, there are certain potential workarounds you can try to fix Uncharted Legacy of Thieves crashing and not working issues on PS4 or PS5.
Check System Updates
One of the first things you should do is to check your system updates on your PS console. As we have just mentioned, if your system is outdated, you may encounter crashing issues while launching/playing the game.
Go to the Settings menu on your console select “System Software Update” and check if any new updates are available. Once you the new update, get it installed and downloaded. Once done, don’t forget to reboot the system and then launch the game.
Delete Saved Game Data
Sometimes, missing or corrupted game data can also create crashing issues on your PS console. In that case, delete the saved game data on the console and check if the issue is resolved or not. Here are some easy steps to delete saved game data.
1. Open up the Settings and then select Storage
2. Go to Saved Data and then select Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
3. Press the Options on your controller and then select the saved game data files
4. Press Delete and confirm
5. Once done, reboot the console and the issue should be resolved
In case, that doesn’t solve, you can try the next workaround.
Rebuilding the database on your PS console is also one of the best and quick solutions.
1. Completely switch off your PlayStation unplug the power cable and wait for approx. 2 to 3 minutes
2. Plug in the cable again and turn on the system. This way, cached data will be removed automatically
If that doesn’t solve the issue, go through the following steps:
1. Press and hold down the Power button until you hear 2 beep sound on your console
2. The PS will be booted in the Safe Mode and then connect your controller to the console’s USB and press the PS button on the controller
3. Next, you will see an option called “Rebuild Database”
4. Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task
5. It can take sometimes but have patience and once done, simply reboot the console
Reinstall Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
Uninstalling and reinstalling the game can also fix the issue in no time.
1. Go to Settings and select Storage
2. Select Uncharted Legacy of Thieves from the list and then hit Delete
3. Once it is deleted, download and install the game again
Any of these workarounds will surely fix the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves crashing & not working issue on PS4 or PS5.