The Dune Spice Wars is the latest 4X real-time strategy game by Shiro Games. Currently, the game is only available on Windows and it has already received many positive reviews on Steam. However, some of the unfortunate players are having issues with the game such as crashes, and won’t start. Recently, many players are complaining, that they are seeing a black screen while playing the game or at launch. Well, there are some potential workarounds you can try to get rid of this issue.
Fixing The Dune Spice Wars Black Screen Issue on PC
The game is released recently and some players reported a black screen issue. This usually occurs due to some issues with Redistributable but devs have given some additional suggestions to fix the Dune Spice Wars black screen issue on PC.
Use DirectX instead of OpenGL or Vice Versa to Launch the Game
If you launch the game using the shortcut icon, then try to open up Steam and go to your library. Then follow these steps:
1. Click on the Play button when you open the tab of Dune: Spice War
2. Here you will see two options – DirectX and OpenGL
3. Try both of these one by one and check if the issue is resolved or not
Update Visual C++ and DirectX
The next method you can try is to update both Visual C++ and DirectX to the latest version. Here are the links from where you can update the redistributables.
Edit the Options File
If the above solutions didn’t work, then try to edit the options file.
1. Open up Steam and then go to your library
2. Right-click on Dune: Spice Wars in your library and click on Properties
3. Click on Manage
4. Then select Browse local files
5. Open up the Options.ini file with the help of an editor such as Notepad
6. Change its value from IntroVideo to false
7. Save that file by pressing Ctrl+S and exit
Next, launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Delete and Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
If nothing works, you can also try to remove redistributables and reinstall it again by using the link given above.
That’s all – We hope this guide has helped you to fix the Dune Spice Wars black screen issue on PC.