Undoubtedly, Halo Infinite is one of the widely played games of 2021 but that does not mean it is flawless. Recently, many players are reporting sound and audio-related issues while playing Halo Infinite. While some players say the footsteps audio from behind is hardly audible, some players notice game audio is not coming when using a headset. Some are also complaining about audio glitches issues. Here are several sound and audio-related issues in Halo Infinite reported by many players.
– No footstep sound in Multilayer
– Headset is not working
– No sound effects of other players
– Several other audio glitches like weird sounds and loud noises
How to Fix Halo Infinite Audio Issues
While some sound issues in Halo Infinite are bugs and they need to address by the developers, others can be fixed by configuring certain settings on your PC. If you have any of the above-mentioned audio and sound-related issues in Halo Infinite, here are several possible solutions you can try.
1. Change Dynamic Range to Compressed mode
If you are not able to hear the audio properly while playing Halo Infinite, the first thing you will need to do is to change the game audio setting from dynamic range to compressed mode. Here is how you can do it:
– Open the game and open the control panel by pressing F1 and then clicking on Settings
– Go to the Audio tab and change the Dynamic Range settings to Compressed mode
– Once done, close the settings window and try to play the game. The issue should be resolved.
If you are still having the same problem, try the next solution.
2. Update the device drivers
Random sound problems indicate a driver-related issue. Mostly, Logitech headset users reported stuttering or missing audio. If you are also facing the same issue in Halo Infinite, you need to update your audio driver as well as Bluetooth adapter driver. Using Device Manager, you can update both your audio and Bluetooth drivers. If you have a wireless headset, make sure to search on the manufacturer’s website and update with the compatible drivers only.
3. Disable Hands-Free telephone
If you’re playing this game on the PC, ensure to turn off the Hands-Free Telephone. You can do it in the Control Panel. It usually switches on by default if you’re using any headphones. Here is how you can do it.
– Go to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Device and Printers
– Find out your Audio Device and open it
– Then go to the Hardware tab >> Properties >> Services
– Uncheck Hands-Free Telephone and click on ‘Apply’
4. Check your privacy settings
You should not miss to check the privacy and communications settings on your PC or Xbox and make sure nothing is stopping you from sending or receiving audio signals. If you have any anti-malware software on your system, this happens usually.
5. Do not use the microphone
This is pretty easy to do. Just remove or disable the microphone from the setup. It can easily fix the issue in seconds.
That’s everything you can do to fix Halo Infinite Audio Issues.