Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach is one of the latest horror games loved by millions of players around the world. However, many players are complaining, they are having constant crashing issues while playing the game. Many other players have also experienced crashing at startup itself and that makes the game unplayable. Are you suffering from the same crashing problem? Here we have put together several fixes.
How to Fix FNAF Security Breach Crashing
The possible factors that cause FNAF Security Breach crashing are many that include the DirectX and/or graphics card driver are not updated, corrupted or missing files, and many others. Try the following troubleshooting tips that may help you to solve the crashing issue in FNAF Security Breach. Try these solutions one by one until you fix FNAF Security Breach crashing issues.
1. Update your Graphics Card Driver: To play such massive games on a PC without freezing or crashing issues, you will first need to update your graphics card drivers. In case these drivers are faulty or outdated, you may face random crashing issues. To update AMD/NVIDIA drivers manually, you can visit their official websites to find the latest and suitable drivers.
2. Update DirectX: The next thing you need to do is to update your DirectX with the latest version. DirectX 11 is by far the stable and latest version. DirectX 12 is also out but, DirectX 11 is preferable for FNAF Security Breach.
3. Close all Background Apps: Make sure no other apps, programs, or games are running in the background. Sometimes other apps prevent the game from running smoothly. Simply close all of the background apps and launch the game again.
4. Verify Integrity Game Files: In case, the game files are corrupted or missing, you may experience crashing issues while playing the game. So, the best is to perform verify the integrity of game files. Here is how you can do it.
– Open up Steam and click on Library
– Right-click on FNAF Security Breach and then select Properties
– Click on Local Files and then select Verify integrity of game files
– Wait for sometimes and Steam will start scanning and repairing game files
5. Clean Boot your PC: If the above solutions don’t work, clean boot your PC can fix the crashing issue on your PC.
– Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R key
– Type “MSConfig” and open up System Configuration
– Click on the Services and then click on Hide all Microsoft Services
– Press Disable All button and lastly, reboot your PC and launch the game
6. Repair System’s Files: If any of your Windows files are missing or got corrupted, the game may start crashing. To fix this problem, you will need to repair your Windows files. It is recommended to download Windows 10 repair tool. It will scan and replace the corrupted files with new ones.
7. Set Low In-Game Graphics Card: Your game is crashing on the PC because you have set graphics settings that the GPU is not able to support. So, try to set in-game graphics settings low and then attempt to run the game.
8. Disable Overlays: Discord, Twitch, Steam overlays enhance the experience of the game but sometimes, they can cause interruption while playing FNAF. Simply disable them and launch the game again.
9. Edit Registry File TDR Fix: Here are some simple steps to edit registry file TDR:
– Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R and then type Regedit
– Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> System >> CurrentControllerSet >> Control >> Graphics Driver.
– Click on TdrWatch under graphics driver
– Set TDR Recovery as 1 and then press “Ok”
That’s all for this guide on how to fix FNAF Security Breach crashing issues.